Customer-Facing Display (CFD) setup for Chrome
This article applies to Dutchie POS.
If you're connecting a Customer-Facing Display (CFD) to a Dutchie Register terminal, follow these steps instead.
- Connect the CFD to your device using the included USB-C cable.
- Log in to Dutchie POS and launch the Register.
- Click the menu icon in the upper left.
- Go to Settings > Advanced.
- Click Open Cart Display. A new Chrome window will open.
If you don't see the Open Cart Display button, contact Dutchie Support to have the "Use Cart Display" feature enabled.
- Log in again in the new window.
- Connect the CFD to your device and power it on (Dutchie/Elo CFD shown - your CFD may vary).
- Click and drag the new window over to the CFD.
- Expand the window to full screen.
A welcome screen or custom wallpaper appears on the CFD when a user is logged in but not viewing a cart. When a cart is open, the CFD shows cart information.
Display custom wallpaper on the CFD
You can upload a custom wallpaper image to be displayed on the CFD when the register is in an idle state (when a user is logged in but is not viewing a cart). The image appears on all CFDs at your location.
To upload a wallpaper image:
- In the Backoffice, go to Settings > Devices.
- Select the Customer facing display tab.
- Enable the toggle for Custom image.
- Click Choose image and upload a file.
- Supported file types are JPG and PNG.
- Image dimensions should be exactly 1280 pixels by 800 pixels. Images in other dimensions may appear distorted.
In earlier versions of Dutchie POS, the Logo file from Settings > Location was shown on the CFD. If you used this feature and still want to display your logo on the CFD, re-upload your logo file as described above.