Customer-Facing Display (CFD) setup for Dutchie Register terminal
Before you begin
Before connecting a Customer-Facing Display (CFD) to the Dutchie Register terminal, complete these steps:
- Set up your Register terminal and connect peripherals
- Start up your Register terminal for the first time
If you're connecting a CFD for Dutchie POS on Chrome, follow these steps instead.
- Unbox the CFD and find the included USB-C cable.
- Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screw beneath the Register terminal monitor, then remove the cover to access the input ports.
- Route the USB-C cable through the cable management slot at the base of the Register terminal and behind the clip, but don't plug it into the Register terminal yet.
- Log in to the Register terminal, then tap the menu in the upper left corner.
- Choose Settings > CFD.
- Connect the cable to the USB-C port on Register terminal, then connect the other end of the cable to the CFD.
- Press the power button on the underside of the CFD (Dutchie/Elo CFD shown - your CFD may vary).
- A green check mark appears on the CFD settings screen to indicate a successful connection.
A welcome screen or custom wallpaper appears on the CFD when a user is logged in to the Register terminal but not viewing a cart. When you open a cart on the Register terminal, the CFD shows cart information.
Display custom wallpaper on the CFD
You can upload a custom wallpaper image to be displayed on the CFD when the register is in an idle state (when a user is logged in but is not viewing a cart). The image appears on all CFDs at your location.
To upload a wallpaper image:
- In the Backoffice, go to Settings > Devices.
- Select the Customer facing display tab.
- Enable the toggle for Custom image.
- Click Choose image and upload a file.
- Supported file types are JPG and PNG.
- Image dimensions should be exactly 1280 pixels by 800 pixels. Images in other dimensions may appear distorted.
In earlier versions of Dutchie POS, the Logo file from Settings > Location was shown on the CFD. If you used this feature and still want to display your logo on the CFD, re-upload your logo file as described above.