Customer-Facing Display (CFD) setup for Dutchie Register terminal
This article applies to Dutchie POS.
This article applies to Dutchie Register terminal devices like the one pictured below.
Before you begin
Before connecting a Customer-Facing Display (CFD) to the Dutchie Register terminal, complete these steps:
- Set up your Register terminal and connect peripherals
- Start up your Register terminal for the first time
If you're connecting a CFD for Dutchie POS on Chrome, follow these steps instead.
- Unbox the CFD and find the included USB-C cable.
- Use a Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screw beneath the Register terminal monitor, then remove the cover to access the input ports.
- Route the USB-C cable through the cable management slot at the base of the Register terminal and behind the clip, but don't plug it into the Register terminal yet.
- Sign in to the Register terminal and select Settings (gear icon). On smaller screens, you may need to scroll down on the left-side menu to find Settings.
- Choose CFD.
- Connect the cable to the USB-C port on Register terminal, then connect the other end of the cable to the CFD.
- Press the power button on the underside of the CFD (Dutchie/Elo CFD shown - your CFD may vary).
- A green check mark appears on the CFD settings screen to indicate a successful connection.
A welcome screen or custom wallpaper appears on the CFD when a user is logged in to the Register terminal but not viewing a cart. When you open a cart on the Register terminal, the CFD shows cart information.
Display custom wallpaper on the CFD
You can upload a custom wallpaper image to be displayed on the CFD when the register is in an idle state (when a user is logged in but is not viewing a cart). The image appears on all CFDs at your location.
To upload a wallpaper image:
- In the Backoffice, go to Settings > Devices.
- Select the Customer facing display tab.
- Enable the toggle for Custom image.
- Click Choose image and upload a file.
- Supported file types are JPG and PNG.
- Image dimensions should be exactly 1280 pixels by 800 pixels. Images in other dimensions may appear distorted.
In earlier versions of Dutchie POS, the Logo file from Settings > Location was shown on the CFD. If you used this feature and still want to display your logo on the CFD, re-upload your logo file as described above.