Set up your dutchie order terminal
How to set up and connect your dutchie iPad and printer, and tips for everyday use.
Staff will fulfill orders using the dutchie terminal (the iPad + receipt printer). Getting it set up is a quick and easy task that won't take more than 5 minutes!
- Plug the printer into a standard electrical outlet. You’ll want to set up the terminal in a location where staff can easily access it throughout the day - right next to a register works great!
- Connect the iPad to the printer using the provided USB 2.0 cable. You’ll plug the cable into the port labeled ‘iPad 2.4A’ on the back of the receipt printer.
- When turned on, the front of the receipt printer will display a blue light indicating the printer is powered up and ready to go. You can access your receipt paper (standard 3” in size) using the pull-tab on the front of the printer.
- Turn on the iPad, connect it to WiFi, and open up the pre-installed dutchie app. A 5-digit code will display.
- Login to the dutchie admin and navigate to Settings > Devices > Add A Device, and enter that 5-digit code.
- That’s it! You’re in business.
Terminal: Everyday Use
For in-store staff, day-to-day use of dutchie will revolve around the terminal. When a new order comes in, you’ll see a notification on the iPad with a prompt to Confirm the order. Once the order is confirmed, your customer will receive a text letting them know that you’ve received their order. A receipt will print with a summary of that order, which staff can reference while they get the order ready for the customer.
Once the blue Confirm button is selected, the button will change to Ready. When the order is prepared and ready to go, select the blue Ready button on the iPad, and your customer will receive another text — this one lets them know that their order is ready to be picked up!