Embed your dispensary menu with Dutchie Ecommerce
With Dutchie Ecommerce, you have several options for displaying your products online. You can host your store’s menu on dutchie.com, display your full menu on a subdomain, or embed your store's menu on your website.
Check out this Help Center article for more information on setting up a subdomain with your website provider.
This article will walk through the steps to embed a menu on your dispensary website.
It’s important to understand that you have two options when it comes to embedding menus. There is the option to embed your full menu of offerings (often as its own page) or to display a slice of your menu like a certain category, staff picks, or popular items (often done as a full-width row on an existing webpage). The process for adding either is similar, and each starts in your dispensary’s admin page at admin.dutchie.com.
Check out this Help Center Article for more information on creating custom carousel sections to display across your website.
Once logged into admin, go to Customize. Click Embed from the options on the left-hand side of the screen.
Embed Your Menu
Use the top section - Embed Your Menu - to get the code for your store menu. You can choose your menu type before copying out the embed code. In most cases, the Standard Menu option is best, but there are several options for menu types.
- Standard Menu - this is the default menu, showing all products and is the best fit for most dispensaries.
- View Only - less common is the ‘view only’ menu which offers full browsing functionality of your menu, but disables users from adding anything to their cart, eliminating all ordering functionality.
- Recreational Menu - defaults to showing only your store’s recreational menu. This is recommended if you wish to embed your recreational menu and medical menu each on their own page.
- Medical Menu - defaults to only show your store’s medical menu. This is recommended if you wish to embed your recreational menu and medical menu each on their own page.
- Multi-Location Selector - option available for stores that belong to a chain and offer delivery
- Dynamic Delivery - option available for stores that belong to a chain
To embed your store menu on your website, simply copy the embed script using the Copy Script link, and paste it into the body of the menu page of your website.
The first time you paste the code into your website, it triggers a notification to our Product Support team to check your new embed and add styling adjustments to make the menu full-width and responsive. For best results, make sure that the embed script is the only content of the menu page (other than your website’s header and footer).