What to do when a Dutchie Ecommerce order contains a sold out item
Quick steps to update an order containing items no longer available in your inventory
When an order contains an item that is not available, reach out to your customer to provide alternate options and follow these steps to remove the item from your menu.
Contact Your Customer and Update Order
- Click on the order to open it and view your customer's contact information. The customer phone number is on the right-hand side of the order. It is ideal for you to contact your customer directly to offer alternate options, and to ensure that any items offered are currently available in your inventory.
- Edit the order to remove the sold out item and add any new items to the order.
Note: The order must contain at least one item in order to delete items from the order. If there is only one item in the order, add the replacement item before deleting the sold out item.
- After editing the order, click "Save" and proceed with processing the order.
Remove Item From Dutchie Ecommerce Menu
- Adjust the quantity of the item in your POS so that it accurately reflects "0" available. Your menu will automatically sync with Dutchie Ecommerce, and remove the item from the menu within the next 10 minutes.
- If you do not have permission to edit items in your POS, inactivate the item on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu by clicking "Menu" on the left-hand side of the page.
- To inactivate an item, type the name of the item in the search bar on the upper right-hand side of the page. A list of matching items will appear below.
- Click the green toggle button to the left of the item name so it turns red, indicating the item is inactive and no longer appearing on your menu.
IMPORTANT: Items will remain inactive if they come back in-stock in the future. You'll need to activate them in Dutchie Ecommerce for them to show up again on your menu.