Dynamic configuration and route deployment
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
There are a number of at-run configurations to keep in mind as dispatchers and drivers prepare for a Dynamic Delivery route.
Before deploying a dynamic vehicle, it’s important to ensure the menu configurations are properly set to ensure a successful browsing experience for customers. Configurations to check include:
- Pickup / Delivery Settings - Delivery should be checked and Pickup should be unchecked.
- Menu Hours - Set vehicle online times. As Dynamic Delivery is offered as an “express” solution for delivery operations, After Hours Ordering and Scheduled Ordering should not be enabled. Currently, Menu Hours can also be used to take the vehicle on/offline if a menu should no longer be made available to browsing customers. If a vehicle should no longer be accepting deliveries, dispatchers should adjust the menu hours to be closed unless the dispensary website is used to communicate this.
- Menu Zones - Configuring delivery zones is a key step to ensure the proper menu is shown to the browsing customer (if using the Dynamic Delivery embed) and the order can be successfully placed during address validation at checkout.
- If performing Zone Based Dynamic Delivery, a zone should be drawn for each vehicle’s identified territory, ensuring that a customer within that territory is shown that vehicle’s menu. For example, the image shown above is the configuration for a vehicle that is covering the city of Santa Monica. Note - If drawn delivery zones overlap and a customer enters an address in the overlapping area, the dispensary address entered in the menu settings will be used as the tiebreaker to show a truck’s menu.
- If performing GPS-Based Dynamic Delivery, a wider coverage zone should be drawn or listed as a radius for the vehicle menus. This will identify the outer boundary of allowed orders and if multiple vehicles are online using the same zone, the menu of the closest vehicle to the customer’s entered address will display.
When a customer enters their address via the Dynamic Delivery embed on your website, they will see the menu of the closest vehicle or receive an error message that explains why they cannot place an order. The customer will receive an error message if:
- There are no vehicles currently available for delivery
- They are outside of the delivery area
- The dispensary is closed