Customize promotion settings in Dutchie Ecommerce
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
You can change how discounts apply when items are present in more than one special by using custom promotion settings in Dutchie Ecommerce.
- From the Dutchie Ecommerce admin page, to go Promote.
- Click the Settings gear icon. Saving the Specials Settings will apply to all Current and Future Specials for your dispensary.
You can toggle Stacking to be Enabled or Disabled.
If Stacking is toggled on, you can choose if discounts should be Compounding or Cumulative.
Setting the Behavior to Compounding means that discounts will apply based on the order they were created and on the type of discount.
- If an item is both on Sale and on BOGO, the Sale discount will always apply first.
- If an item is on two of the same type of special (i.e. Sale + Sale or BOGO + BOGO), the special that was created first will apply first.
- However, if the item is on two Sales and one is % off and one is $ off, then the % off discount will be applied first.
Setting the Behavior to Cumulative means that discounts are all added up together and applied against the base item price.
If Stacking is toggled off, you can choose if discounts should Favor the Customer or Favor the Dispensary.
When stacking is disabled, only one special applies to an item.
Favor Customer means the customer receives the biggest discount when multiple specials are available.
Favor Dispensary means the customer receives the smallest discount when multiple specials are available.
If more than one item qualifies for the reward, you can control which item receives the reward. It is independent of the stacking settings because it will apply even when an item only qualifies for one offer.
- Buy 1 pre-roll, get 1 50% off. If you add a pre-roll to your cart and then add a $15 pre-roll and a $10 pre-roll, this setting will determine which one gets the 50% discount. Least expensive item means that the $10 one will get the discount. Most expensive item means the $15 one will get the discount.
- As a dispensary, you set up “buy 1 flower product, get 1 flower product 20% off” and “$6 off all flower products”. A customer then puts a $40, $24 and $14 flower product in their cart.
- If stacking is disabled and favor customer and most expensive item are selected, the offer gets applied because it gives a bigger discount on the $40 item and you're favoring the customer in this case.
- If stacking is disabled and favor customer and least expensive item are selected, the sale gets applied because the offer is discounting the $14 product and the sale gives the bigger discount to favor the customer.
- If stacking is disabled and favor dispensary and most expensive item are selected, the sale wins because the offer is giving the bigger discount on the $40 product but you're favoring the dispensary in this case.
- If stacking is disabled and favor dispensary and least expensive item are selected, the offer wins because it’s discounting the $14 product and gives the smaller discount to favor the dispensary.