How it Works
With our Curbside pickup feature there hasn’t previously been a way for dispensaries to be notified when their customer arrives, and further, have any identifying information about the customer/their vehicle.
To solve this, we’ve launched a new feature we’re calling “Arrivals” that can be thought of as an update to curbside pickup, which gives the customer the ability to notify the dispensary when they’ve arrived at the store.
This feature is flexible enough to support any type of operation that a dispensary is utilizing for curbside pickup, by allowing the dispensary to indicate what type of information they want the customer to enter in the notification (ex: vehicle info, license plate number, parking space number, etc.).
- Customer selects “Curbside Pickup” as their order type at checkout (there are no changes at checkout).
- Order appears in the admin, gets processed as normal, and marked “Ready for pickup.”
- The text message sent to the customer has one additional line of text that includes a link. It will now read:
“Your dutchie order from [dispensary] is ready for pickup!
When you've arrived, click here: https://dutchie.com/link”
- The customer drives to the dispensary and upon arriving clicks the link in the text message.
- Upon clicking the link, they’re taken to a mobile webpage that asks them for “Arrival information.” The instructions above this text input have already been entered by the dispensary in the dutchie admin (see below). The customer enters their information and clicks “Save.”
- Next they’re taken to step 2, which allows them to click a big “I’m Here” button to notify the dispensary they’ve arrived. We also allow them to edit their arrival information if it’s changed.
- After clicking the “I’m Here” button, the user will be shown a “Success” Message. The dispensary will be notified of the arrival and bring the order out to the customer.
The customer-facing mobile pages look like this:
NOTE: The phone number listed in the “Questions?” section is the dispensary’s phone number and allows the customer to easily contact the store for any reason.
In the admin, from the store info settings, the dispensary can scroll down to the “We Offer” section to access their “Curbside Arrival Instructions.”
The information the dispensary enters into the text input above, correlates with this part of the customer mobile page:
NOTE: Clicking on the “Learn more” link will show a helpful modal that explains this. There’s also an 80 character limit here to avoid the instructions getting too long and breaking the design.
Once a customer clicks the “I’m Here” button on the mobile page, the dispensary will see a blue object appear at the top of the orders page that shows them that they have a new arrival:
Upon clicking the “View Arrivals” button, the user will be taken to a “Curbside arrivals” page that will show all of the arrivals and all necessary information. Once the dispensary has taken the order out to the customer, they can click the “Clear” button to remove the arrival from the list.
Please feel free to contact Dutchie Ecommerce Support with any questions!