Edit items on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
You can update menu items to improve your customer's shopping experience
When your Dutchie Ecommerce menu is integrated with your point of sale, your inventory will automatically sync to Dutchie Ecommerce.
Things to know
- Customers are more likely to order items that have complete information. Strive to add complete information to your products.
- Some POS integrations do not provide data for every Dutchie Ecommerce menu item field. For example, Brand is not provided by Adilas, BioTrack, or MJ Freeway. In these instances, you should continue to keep items updated in your POS and manually update any blank fields.
- From your Dutchie admin page, Menu.
- Search for a specific item to edit using the search field, use the categories drop-down to view all items in a category, or click a column heading to sort by the heading name (ex. "Brand").
- Click on an item name to open the Edit Menu Item page.
Edit the name of the item.
If the item is in the Dutchie Ecommerce library, it will appear in a drop-down menu as you type the product name. Dutchie library items have all fields completed. Select the item in the drop-down menu and review all fields for accuracy before clicking Save.
Continue to manually edit the Product Name if you do not want to link it to the library item or if there is no existing library item available.
Type the brand name in the Brand field and a drop-down of matching brands will appear. Select the correct brand name.
If the brand is not in the Dutchie library, it will not appear in the drop-down menu as you type the brand name. If you want to add the brand, click Add it to add a Local Brand to the item. This will create a dispensary-local brand. This product will not show up in brand-related search results.
- Select the correct Type from the drop-down menu.
- Upload an image for the item.
- Complete THC Content and CBD Content fields. If your menu item displays a range of potencies, select the three dots to the right side of the potency field, and select, Add Range.
- Add a description of the product in the Description field.
- When you’ve finished editing, click Save at the bottom of the page.
To delete an item, click Delete Menu Item. Items that are deleted are no longer accessible on Dutchie Ecommerce.
What does it mean to have my menu items connected to the Dutchie Ecommerce library?
Your POS products are reviewed against our library of curated product information (product images, descriptions, potency, type, etc.), and when a match is found our content for that product is pushed out to your menu.
If you have potency or type listed in your POS, our content will never override those fields.
If you elect to utilize our content, all menu items that we’re able to connect will display consistent, accurate content. We have standardized formatting for product images, which includes a clean white background and a drop shadow.
Our standard naming conventions are as follows: Product Name or Strain | Weight. If your POS product name is listed as Blue Dream 1oz, and we have the correct match in our library, it would read as Blue Dream | 28g once connected.