Add Dutchie Ecommerce product images and descriptions to your menu
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
You can add Dutchie's product images and descriptions to your menu by matching products on your menu to the Ecommerce content catalog which can be accessed from the Dutchie Ecommerce admin page. Here you can review potential product matches for each menu item, select matches, preview, and publish content for your customer-facing menu.
Things to know
- Dutchie content matching will never override an existing potency or type (sativa/hybrid/indica/cbd).
- When you match items to the catalog, type will populate for cannabis/hemp products wherever the type field is empty.
- When you match items to the catalog, potencies might populate for cannabis/hemp products wherever potency fields are empty.
Match product images and descriptions, and save them to your menu
- From the Dutchie Ecommerce admin page, click Menu.
- Find the product you want to match, and click the product name to see the edit view of the product.
- From the edit view, click on the product name to access a dropdown list of potential matches from the Dutchie content catalog.
- The best potential matches will be at the top of the list. Additional matches can be found by scrolling down.
- Click on a catalog match to preview and verify content for the item in all impacted fields.
- You can select a different match before saving or leave the page in preview mode, and no changes will be made.
- Click Save to make catalog content live on your menu.
Catalog content is not live on your menu unless you click Save.
Correct wrong matches
If you accidentally save the wrong match, select the correct match, and click Save. This action will override the previously saved content.
If you match the wrong item and cannot find the correct match to override it, please reach out to Support for additional help.
Tips to increase the accuracy of potential matches
If you are having difficulty finding the product you are looking for it is possible the system needs better information or the content is not yet available. The following tips can help you increase the accuracy of potential matches.
- Ensure the brand name is correct and update in the brand field if needed.
- Ensure the category is correct (ie: a cartridge in the vaporizers category will pull better matches than one in the concentrates category).
- Avoid using abbreviations for brand and product names.
- Product names should only contain name and weight.
- Remove brand names and additional characters as needed.
- Product name edits can adjust and improve search results but will not be retained unless you click Save.
- After you select a catalog match, Dutchie’s version of the product name will populate (the content catalog lists product names as marketed by brands).
- Try spelling variations for product names.
- Gummies / Soft Chews / Jellies.
- GDP / Grandaddy Purple.
- Sherbet / Sherbert.
After you save a catalog match
Selecting the correct match and clicking on it is the best way to preview which fields will change for that item before content goes live on your menu.
In most cases, you can expect to see changes to the product image, description, and name (unless you’re already using the same naming format as the catalog). Other fields might receive updates depending on the product category and existing information on your menu.
How is Dutchie’s content catalog updated?
Dutchie works directly with brands to source the most up-to-date product information for consumers. Brand representatives use Dutchie’s brand portal to upload content to the catalog and audit or update their existing product information as needed.
After a match is saved, your menu will automatically receive any catalog updates made for that product. The ability to push product updates out in real time ensures that your menu stays up to date on packaging or other marketing changes, with no manual effort on your part. After your menu has been matched to the catalog, any changes to product information for matched items will automatically be updated by Dutchie.