Set up the Integrated Scale/Weigh Station 2.0
This guide covers the initial hardware setup for the Integrated Scale and the Weigh Station 2.0. Learn more about the difference between the Integrated Scale and the Weigh Station 2.0.
- Before you begin: Weigh Station 2.0
- Hardware checklist
- Configure your scale
- Connect the scale to your network
- Connect the scale in the Register app settings
Before you begin: Weigh Station 2.0
If you are setting up this scale to use as a Weigh Station 2.0, you must:
- Go to Back Office > Settings > Store Options.
- Scroll to the Register Options section.
- Select Enable weigh station at all registers. You may need to sign out and sign back in to see the change at the Register.
You can purchase hardware through Connection (navigate to Quicklists for Greenbits-compatible devices) or a supplier of your choice.
- Lantronix serial adapter
- Black RS232 serial cable
- Ethernet cable
- TrendNet network switch
- Greenbits supports the following iPad models:
- 9.7” iPad Air 2
- 9.7” iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 9.7” iPad (5th generation)
- 9.7” iPad (6th generation)
- 10.2” iPad (7th generation)
- A&D FX-300iN, FX-300i, or EK-1200i scale
Configure your scale
Recommended A&D FX-300iN scale (NTEP-certified):
Legacy scales (not NTEP-certified)
Connect the scale to your network
- Connect the scale to power, then connect the black RS232 serial cable to the serial port on the back of the scale (A&D FX-300i shown). Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
Only use the black serial cable that comes in a separate package with your hardware kit. Any other serial cable included with the Lantronix adapter or scale is not compatible with Greenbits.
- Connect the other end of the RS232 serial cable to the Serial 1 port on the Lantronix adapter. Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the 10/100 port on the Lantronix adapter. Connect the other end to any of the numbered ports on your TrendNet network switch.
- Connect the Lantronix adapter to an outlet with the included power cord.
Connect the scale in the Register settings
After configuring your scale:
- Sign in to the Register app.
- Tap the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Scale.
- Select Serial Port 1.
A check mark appears on the right. The Weight Reading should match the reading on the scale's digital display.
If you've connected more than one scale to your network, they will all appear in the Serial Scale Setup menu. To tell them apart, refer to the serial number printed on the bottom of the Lantronix adapter: