Set up the Trendnet Switch
If you have an integrated scale at your Register, set up the Trendnet Switch, so you can connect your other Register hardware to it.
Do not use an ISP-provided wireless gateways or wireless repeaters/extenders. See our network recommendations for more details.
- Connect the Trendnet switch to a power outlet using the included power cord.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Trendnet switch to a LAN or numbered port on your router. Do not connect to a port labeled WAN or Internet.
- Use Ethernet cables to connect the Receipt printer, Label printer, and Integrated Scale to the Trendnet Switch.
- Attach labels to each power and Ethernet cable so you and your staff can identify which cable goes to which device in case you ever need to troubleshoot or replace one of the devices.
Change your iPad settings for Ethernet connection
After connecting your iPad to the network switch:
- On your iPad's home screen, select Settings.
- Confirm that Ethernet appears on the left-side menu.
- Select Wi-Fi. Tap the toggle to turn Wi-Fi off.