Legacy Receipt Printer: TSP100III Ethernet Setup
This article applies to Greenbits.
This hardware is not recommended. Greenbits recommends the mC-Print3 instead.
Use the steps below to set up and start using your Star TSP100III Ethernet receipt printer with Greenbits.
- Connect the printer to your router and load paper
- Test the printer connection
- Set the printer to a static IP address
- Connect the printer to the cash drawer
- Connect the printer to the Register
Connect the printer to your router and load paper
- Connect the power cord to the back of the printer, but don't turn the printer on yet.
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the 100/10 BASE port on the back of the printer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the TrendNet network switch included with your Greenbits hardware kit, or connect directly to your router.
- Open the top cover and load a roll of 3.125"-wide thermal receipt paper, with the leading end coming off the bottom of the roll:
- Close the cover securely.
Test the printer connection
- With the printer off, press and hold the FEED button on the front of the printer.
- While continuing to hold FEED, switch the printer on.
- Continue holding FEED for 3-5 seconds. The printer prints a configuration sheet.
- Discard the first sheet with *** TSP100IIILAN at the top.
- On the second sheet, find your printer's IP Address listed near the bottom under Current IP Parameters Status.
Set the printer to a static IP address
These steps apply only to the TSP100III. For TSP100 or TSP100II, refer to the Ethernet (Wired LAN) Interface instructions here.
Greenbits recommends setting a static IP address for all Ethernet receipt printers. This helps maintain a strong, stable connection between your receipt printer and your Register, especially if your router reboots after losing power.
On your iPad, computer, or any other device that's connected to the same router/network as your printer:
- Open a new window or tab in any web browser. Enter your printer's IP Address from the configuration into the web address bar and press enter.
- This opens the TSP100III Network Utility. Select Login.
- Log in with the username root and password public.
If prompted to change the password, select Cancel to skip.
- Once logged in, select IP Parameters.
- Select Static.
- Enter your printer's IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway from the sheet you printed earlier, then select Submit.
- Select Save.
- Select Save → Configuration printing → Restart device and then Execute. Close the browser window.
- A new configuration sheet prints. Confirm that it now shows (Static) instead of (DHCP).
Connect the printer to the cash drawer
The receipt printer controls the automatic opening of the cash drawer when you complete a sale.
- The cash drawer comes with a specialized cable (type CD-101A) that connects to a receipt printer. Connect the narrow end of the cable to the port labeled DK on the back of the printer.
- Connect the wider end of the cable to the port on the bottom of the cash drawer.
Connect the printer to the Register
- Sign in to the Register app.
- Tap the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Receipt Printer.
- Tap TSP143IIILAN to select the printer.
Note: If you have more than one Ethernet receipt printer connected to your network, you will see all of them listed here, identified by their IP addresses on the right. The selected printer has a check mark next to it.
- Tap Test Print to confirm the connection.