Nevada Recommended Label Printer: Zebra GX420d Setup
This article applies to Greenbits.
Set up your Zebra GX420d label printer to print patient labels and package labels for deli-style flower and barcode labels.
Review Set up your network for reliable Register operations and make sure your network setup meets the recommendations.
If your store is not in Nevada, use this label printer instead.
- Connect the printer to your router and load paper
- Test the printer connection
- Assign a static IP address
Connect the printer to your router and load paper
- Using the power cord that came with your printer, plug the printer into a power outlet, but don't turn it on yet.
- Load labels face-up:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the port on the back of your printer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an available port on the TrendNet network switch included with your Greenbits hardware kit, or connect directly to your router.
- Turn on the printer by flipping the switch on the back.
- Calibrate the printer.
Test the printer connection
- Wait for the network indicator light to turn green.
- Press and hold the feed button until the green light flashes once, then release.
- On the Network Configuration label, note the IP ADDRESS. This should be a series of numbers beginning with 010 or 192.
- If the IP address is all zeros, troubleshoot the physical connections.
- If the IP address starts with any other numbers, reset the printer.
Assign a static IP address
Greenbits recommends assigning a static IP address for all label printers. This helps maintain a strong, stable connection, especially if your router reboots after losing power. Learn how.