Control access to Greenbits by creating and editing roles and permissions
A role is a set of permissions. Those permissions control what users can and can't do in your Greenbits account.
For example, when you assign the Budtender default role, that user can apply discounts to sales but cannot create new discounts.
Review the default roles to see if they work for your business. If they don't, you can either change the default roles or create new, custom roles.
Create new roles and edit default roles
- Go to the Back Office > Settings > Roles.
- Select an existing role or, if you want to create a new role, select Add Role.
- For new roles, add a Name for the role.
- Select all of the permissions that you want this role to have.
- Select Advanced if you want to choose individual permissions.
- If you want to remove a permission from this role, uncheck it.
- If you want to add permission, check it.
- Select Save.
- Assign this role to some users.
What roles and permissions should I consider?
Greenbits recommends the following permissions for managers and shift supervisors. At any given time, there should be at least one staff member in your store who has these permissions.
- Access Back Office
- Manage Devices (this will not allow a user to increase your device limit or add any charges to your subscription
- Manually verify age (if you have age verification turned on, use this permission in case there is a problem with a scanner)
- Manually add products (in case there is a problem with a scanner)
- View products (also controls ability to view products list in Back Office)
- Alter sales
- Skip sales warning
- Skip sales below zero warning
- start shift
- update shift
If your store has a receptionist who checks in customers but does not make sales, consider creating a Receptionist role with these permissions:
- Access Back Office
- Manage Patients
- Manage Customers
- Some permissions won't work unless you also select the Access Back Office permission for that role. Refer to the Roles and permissions doc to see which permissions require Access Back Office.
- Adjust inventory permission allows the user to manually change inventory quantities. Greenbits then reports these changes to the state. This is a powerful permission that should be restricted to trusted managers and supervisors.
- Manage Shifts is strongly recommended for shift supervisors.
- Adjust loyalty points is great for dealing with unhappy customers or customers who insist they have more loyalty points than they actually do. Be sure limit this permission to trusted employees because this could be abused and used as a backdoor way of giving excessive discounts.
Why can't I change permissions for a particular role?
If you are trying to alter the permission of a particular role and receive a message stating that there was a problem saving the role, you should first check the page to see if there any any errors.
You cannot delete a role if there are any users assigned to that role. If you want to delete a role that has users, assign those users to another role first, and then delete the role.
Learn how to change your role or other users' roles and edit other user profile information.