Receive inventory: untracked stores
If your state does not require you to report our cannabis sales through a traceability system, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Greenbits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Create a manifest and add items to it
- In the Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Enter vendor and reference details.
- For Reference ID, it is best practice to enter the PO# for your order, so you can search for this manifest later using the PO#.
- Enter today's date in Transfer Date.
- Select Add Item for the number of items from this vendor that you want to add to your Greenbits inventory.
- For example, if you are adding Jack Herer Bulk Flower, Sour Diesel 1g Pre-rolls, and Wild Cherry Gummies 10mg (10 count package) from this vendor, select Add Item three times.
Associate your items with Products
Follow these steps for each item you added.
- From the Quantity Received drop-down, select the unit of measure.
Important: By default, this is set to units, so only unit-based products will appear when you search for Products in the next step. If you are receiving a weight-based item, select grams before you search for Products, so weight-based items will appear.
- For each item, select Search for products to associate it with a Product in Greenbits.
- If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, search for it and select it.
- If applicable, check the box for Medical Only to ensure that budtenders can only sell this item to qualifying Patients.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity Received of the item that you are receiving.
- Choose an inventory Status.
- See important notes below about setting a Status from a manifest.
- Learn more about inventory status.
- Enter an Expiration Date, if applicable.
- If you need to create barcodes (SKUs), select the Create button under Barcode (SKU).
- For non-marijuana Products, Greenbits automatically assigns the same barcode (SKU) that was used the last time you received inventory for that Product.
- For marijuana Products, Greenbits automatically assigns a new, unique barcode (SKU). If you want to reuse the same barcode (SKU) assigned to previously received inventory of the same Product (such as a manufacturer barcode that's already on the packaging), you can edit the Barcode (SKU) field and enter your preferred barcode (SKU).
- To print barcode labels, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button.
- You can also print barcode labels later.
- Learn more about barcodes.
- Select More Package Detail to enter more information about the inventory you're receiving so it prints on package labels. You can also enter this information later:
- Detailed test results and lab information
- Cultivator information
- Harvest Lot Number
- Harvest Date
- Packaged Date
- Packager information
- Certificate Of Analysis
- Process Disclosure
- When all of your items are entered, verify the Total Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
Setting inventory status from a manifest
- If you have enabled Places, you can set a Package's status from the manifest on initial intake. After intake, organize and move your inventory from Places, and do not attempt to change Package statuses from the manifest.
- If you set a status of Not For Sale/Back Stock on a manifest, then later change the Package's status to For Sale/Sales Floor from the Products page, the manifest will still show the status as Not For Sale/Back Stock. Saving the manifest again will change the Package's status back to Not For Sale/Back Stock on the Products page as well.
- Add inventory information, such as cultivator information, so that it prints on package labels.
- When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.