Enter barcode (SKU) details on the Edit Inventory page
If you need to enter inventory information after you receive inventory, such as editing cultivator info or marking items as samples or medical-only, you can do this on the Edit Inventory page.
As required by state regulations, Greenbits prints this information on Package labels and uses the test results (or "potency") to enforce transaction limits at the Register.
- Go to the Product Inventory tab
- Find the SKU you need to add details to
- Enter the required information
- What else do I need to know?
Go to the Product Inventory tab
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- Select the Product you want to edit.
- Select the Inventory tab.
Find the barcode you need to add details to
- When you go to the Product Inventory tab, you are viewing all items that have a For Sale inventory status.
You can change the items you are viewing in two ways:
- Select the top dropdown to change what status you are viewing. For example, if you want to view only inventory that is Not For Sale, select it from the top dropdown.
- If you want to view all of your inventory, select the link at the bottom of the tab. For example, if you are viewing the default For Sale status, select the Show Not For Sale and Archived link to view all items.
- Find the barcode (SKU). You can scroll and look for it or search for it using the Barcode (SKU) field.
- Select Actions > Edit next to the barcode (SKU) that you want to edit.
Enter the required information
The required fields in each section vary by state, but here's a general overview of the types of information you'll enter here:
In this section, you can edit the status and barcode (SKU). For cannabis items, you can also edit the Wholesale Cost in this section.
To edit the barcode (SKU), type or scan a new barcode into the barcode (SKU) field, or auto-generate a unique 8-digit barcode (SKU) by selecting Create.
For cannabis items, you can also edit the Wholesale Cost and mark the inventory as a Sample and/or as Medical.
- If you check the Sample box, choose a Sample Type from the drop-down.
- If you check the Medical box, budtenders can only sell the item to Patients.
Enter details such as:
- Cultivator/Producer's Name and License Number
- Production/Batch/Harvest Number
- Production/Harvest Date
- Packager Name and License Number
- Packaged Date
- Expiration Date
- Production Process Disclosures
Important! Always enter test results on the manifest when you receive inventory, so your Package labels are compliant and so Greenbits can enforce transaction limits.
This section also includes:
- Name/License Number of the lab that performed the testing.
- Test Batch Number.
- Test Date(s).
Extras and Additional Materials
These sections include fields where you can list Pesticides or Ingredients used in the cultivation and production process.
In Oregon, use the Additional Materials section to record the weight per unit of all non-cannabis components of pre-rolls, such as the weight of the rolling paper and filter/crutch. Remember to also enter your OLCC-approved Label ID (if applicable).
Once you've entered all the required information for this barcode (SKU), remember to scroll back up to the top of the page and select Save.
What else do I need to know?
- Package labels in some states also require Strain, Weight, and Flower Type. Add these details on the Product Details tab. Learn more about what to do if your Package labels are missing information.
- There is another set of Test Results fields on each Product's Details tab, which is used only for menu feed purposes. Learn why there are two sets of test results.