Add or edit Product Types
This article applies to Greenbits.
Product Types in Greenbits are the kinds of products you sell at your store, like flower, cartridges, and edibles. Product Types are tied to taxes and transaction limits for the Products that you associate to them.
Greenbits includes default Product Types that cover the most common products that you will sell. To review the default Product Types, go to Inventory > Product Types.
If your store is in Oregon, we recommend that you set up a new Product Type for hemp products.
Add a new Product Type and update your taxes
- Go to Inventory > Product Type.
- Select +Add Product Type.
- Select the appropriate Is Marijuana setting. If you select Yes, select a Transaction Limit Type. For information about your state's limits, click the question mark box.
- Optionally, set a Reorder Notification for all Products assigned to this Product Type.
- Users who have opted in to reorder notifications will receive a daily email report of all Products with a quantity at or below the Par Level.
- The value you enter here applies to any unit of measure. For example, a Par Level of 10 will trigger a notification when a pre-pack flower product reaches 10 units or when a bulk flower product reaches 10 grams.
- You can also set a Par Level for individual Products.
- Setting a Par Level for a Product Type overrides the Par Levels for individual Products assigned to the Product Type.
- From Editable Fields, select which fields should appear on the Product Details page.
- Select Save.
- Go to the Taxes page.
- Select a tax.
- Under Product Types & Customer Groups, find your new Product Type.
- Select the Customer Groups that should pay tax for this Product Type.
- Repeat for each tax.
Rename or delete Product Types
- Rename or edit: Go to Inventory > Product Type and select a Product Type. Make changes to the details and select Save when you are done.
- Delete: You cannot delete a Product Type if there are Products that you assigned to it. Assign those Products to a different Product Type, open the Product Type you want to delete, and select Delete.
You can see what Product Type is associated with a Product by going to Inventory > Products and searching for the Product.