Control sales of medical-only items
Greenbits can prevent budtenders from selling medical-only cannabis items to non-qualified recreational customers and show a warning at the Register when a medical-only item is added to a transaction without a Patient assigned.
The way to classify a cannabis item as medical-only depends on your state and whether your store is tracked or untracked:
Items classified as medical-only in CCRS have an additional drop-down menu in Greenbits labeled Medical Subtype, with three options:
- General Use
- High CBD
- High THC
General Use and High CBD have no sales restrictions in Greenbits. High-THC items can only be sold to Patients.
To edit the Medical Subtype field:
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the Product in question.
- Select the Inventory tab.
- Select a barcode (SKU), or Actions > Edit.
- On the Edit Inventory page, select the Medical Subtype drop-down menu and select the appropriate option.
- Save your changes.
Tracked stores in other states
Tracked stores (those connected to a state traceability system) in states other than Washington can mark cannabis items as medical-only on a manifest when receiving inventory by checking the Medical Only box.
You can also do this after receiving on the Edit Inventory page.
Untracked stores (those not currently connected to a state traceability system) can mark items Medical Only on a manifest.
- Go to Inventory > Incoming.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Select Search for products and select a cannabis product.
- Check the Medical Only box.
- Complete the receive inventory workflow.
You can also retroactively mark items Medical Only after you've received them:
- Go to Inventory > Products and search for the Product name or barcode (SKU).
- Select the Product and go to the Inventory tab.
- Select Actions > View Manifest. This takes you to the Incoming page, where the item's original manifest will be shown. Select the manifest to reopen it.
- Check the appropriate Medical Only box.
- Save the manifest.