Transfer inventory in Metrc
This article applies to Greenbits.
If you have Manual State Link, use this article about splitting and transferring instead.
If your state uses Metrc, you can create a transfer in Metrc if you need to return inventory to a vendor, transfer inventory to another store, or transfer inventory to a processing facility.
Before you transfer
- Remove the items from your sales floor.
- Split the Package(s) in Greenbits. There are two reasons why this is important:
- When you transfer a Package, you are also transferring the sales and adjustment information along with it. Splitting the inventory onto a new Package keeps the original Package (and all sales and adjustment information) on your account.
- You can't transfer part of a Package, which is why you want to split the quantity you're returning onto a new Package.
- On each Package/Barcode (SKU) that you plan to transfer, change the inventory status to Not For Sale or Archived.
Transfer in Metrc
Once you've completed the above steps, create a new transfer in Metrc. Make sure you transfer the new, split Package and not the original Package.
After you transfer
Greenbits automatically marks the transferred inventory as Transferred Out, with a quantity of zero and a status of Archived - Locked. This may take up to 15 minutes. After that, you won't be able to make any changes to this inventory.