Activity Report: robust sales reporting
This article applies to Greenbits.
Greenbits offers a robust transaction-level sales report that allows you to segment your data for greater insights. Many customers choose to export their data from Greenbits and import it into their favorite analytics tool for deeper understanding of sales trends.
The Activity report contains a list of all of your transactions, or activities, for a specific time range. With this report, you can see transactions by time, discounts used, cashier information, product types and prices, and more!
Note that while you can filter by Payment Type to separate out your Cash, Debit, Cashless ATM, or Gift Card purchases, this filter does not hold when exporting; the exported table will contain all payments types.
How to Export your Sales Data
The Activity Report is transaction-level sales data that you can find directly on your Activity Page.
To export the Activity Report:
1. Go to your Activity tab in the Back Office.
2. The Activity Report can be exported for All order types or you can filter for specific groups, such as Sales, Returns, or Voids.
3. Select a Start Date and End Date. You must select a time period to export.
5. Select Export.
6. You should receive an email shortly with your exported activity.
You're all done! Open the file in a program like Excel, Google Sheets, or export to Tableau or TrackVia. View and analyze data using the tool that works best for your business.
What you can find on the Activity Report
Below is a list of all the information in the Activity Report:
- Greenbits ID: The Greenbits ID depends on the context in which it is shown. On the inventory export it is the internal ID of the inventory item (Barcode (SKU), package ID, or lot number). On the product export, it is the internal ID of the product.
- Transaction ID: In the Activity on your Register or your Back Office, this field is also known as the the Receipt ID. This is a unique identifier for the transaction.
- Transaction Date: Time and date of the transaction took place.
- Product Name: The Name of the product as entered on the Product Details.
- Barcode (SKU): The number assigned to a product by a retail store to identify the price and brand.
- Pricing Tier: The product's assigned pricing tier, if applicable
- Product Type: Product Types are used to categorize your products, set transaction limits, and specify taxes for each product type.
- Concentrate Type: You can find the Concentrate Type on the Product Details screen. Use it to categorize different types of concentrates such as shatter, wax, or budder.
- Product Weight (Actual Weight): The amount the product weighs (unit-based products only). This pulls from the Weight field on the Product Details screen.
- Quantity: The amount of product sold.
- Cost: The wholesale price your store paid for the product. The cost can be changed by editing the manifest the product was received on.
- Amount: A breakdown of each transaction that shows the value of sales, taxes and cash.
- Account Name: The name of the record for the type of asset, liability, or revenue. Your liability Account Names are pulled from your Taxes in the Back Office.
- Account Type: Account types fall into 3 categories: Revenue, Liability and Asset.
Revenue is money earned from each transaction. Liabilities are your company's obligations like marijuana, sales, city, and state taxes per transaction. The cash, debit or credit payments you receive in the course of business are Assets.
- Account Subtype: The subcategory that the Account falls under such as Sales Tax, Returns, Voids or Payments.
- Discount Name: The name of the discount applied to the transaction at the time of purchase. The discount name is set on the individual discount plan in your back office.
- Device Name: The device the transaction occurred on. The device name is set when you first link a register, but you can change it at any time on the Devices page.
- Vendor: The vendor may also be known as the producer or supplier. It is set on the the individual product under Product Details. See all of your Vendors.
- Cashier Username: The username of the cashier that rang the transaction. The name is set on the User page.
- Cashier First Name: The first name of the cashier that rang the transaction. The name is set on the User page.
- Cashier Last Name: The last name of the cashier that rang the transaction. The name is set on the User page.
- Cashier Full Name: The first and last name of the cashier who completed the transaction.
The following Customer fields show information about recreational/adult-use Customers only.
Because the Activity Export is sent via email, which is not always secure, Greenbits hides all personally identifying information on this export. These fields appear as "Unknown" unless the cashier assigned a Customer profile to a transaction.
If you need to cross-reference a Patient transaction on this export, refer to the Patient ID Number in column Y.
- Customer First Name
- Customer Last Name
- Customer Full Name
- Customer Email
- Customer Phone
- Customer Birth Date
- Drawer Opened At: The date the Drawer was opened.
- Drawer Closed At: The date the Drawer was closed.
- Patient ID Number: Patient ID Number recorded on the assigned Patient's profile. For privacy and security reasons, this is the only Patient information that appears on the Activity Export.
- Is Member: Colorado only. Learn more about Member Pricing.