Process customer returns in the Greenbits Register
If you have Manual State Link, use this article about processing customer returns instead.
You need Alter Sales permissions to process returns.
You can process returns from customers on the Activity page of the Greenbits Register.
Process a return
You can only process returns for Barcodes (SKUs) that are marked as For Sale.
- In the Register, open the side menu and select Activity.
- Find the original sale in the Activity list. There are several ways to do this:
- Scan the barcode on the bottom of the receipt.
- Enter the Receipt ID. If the customer does not have a receipt, ask someone with Back Office access to look it up in the customer's transaction history.
- Tap the Search by SKU toggle and enter the Barcode (SKU) of the returned item to bring up a list of sales that included that Barcode (SKU).
- Select the original sale from the list, and then select Return.
- Scan the barcode label for products to be returned, or type the Barcodes (SKUs). If you can't find the Barcode (SKU) you need to return, or it comes up as null, temporarily change the Barcode (SKU) to For Sale in Back Office to process the return in the Register.
- Once you've added all Barcodes (SKUs) that need to be returned, tap Return Items.
- Give the customer the Amount Due from your drawer.
- Select Print Receipt and Continue.
- The return transaction displays in the Activity list.
- Put the returned items into your store's returns area, if you have one.
Some states do not allow you to resell returned cannabis items. Your store may have a place for returned items so your store management can process them compliantly later. Talk to your manager about what to do with the returned items after you process a return.
Once you return a product on the Register, Greenbits automatically adjusts your inventory and your current drawer's expected cash total to reflect the return.
Process an exchange
If you need to do an exchange, first process a return, and then ring a sale for the new item the customer wants.
Make sure your customers understand your store's return policy by adding it to your receipts.