Ring sales for curbside pick-up using an ecommerce program
Use this workflow if you use an ecommerce program. If you don't use an ecommerce program, use this workflow instead.
Some states allow you to take online orders through an ecommerce program and have customers pick them up from your curbside. You can ring sales for curbside pick-up using Greenbits and an ecommerce program.
Important: Curbside pick-up is different from delivery. Most states require you and your products to stay near your store. For example, in Oregon, you must stay within 150 feet of your store and your cameras must cover that area. Check with your state cannabis agency to find out if curbside pick-up is allowed in your state.
Receive orders through your ecommerce program
Before you begin, set up strong inventory pick-up best practices for your staff.
- Receive online orders as usual through your ecommerce program. Typically, customers place an order online, the order flows into a fulfillment dashboard in your ecommerce program, and a pick-ticket prints. For more information, see your ecommerce program's docs.
- Using the printed pick-ticket, gather the items in the customer's order.
- Place their order with the pick-ticket in the designated pick-up area in your store.
- Mark the order as ready for pick-up in your ecommerce program.
Ring sales when the customers arrive for pick-up
- When you see the customer arrive, take the pick-ticket from your ecommerce program to the curbside. Check their ID to make sure they are over 21, as well as to verify that this customer matches the one on the pick-ticket.
- Take their payment.
- Back in the store, ring the sale for the order at the Register.
- If your store uses check-in, you can check them in at this time, too. Some ecommerce programs print a barcode on the pick-ticket that you can scan to find customers in Greenbits.
- Take any change, their order, and the receipt out to the curbside.
If your ecommerce program is integrated with Greenbits, your Greenbits inventory will be automatically updated throughout this process.