Integrate Greenbits to Weedmaps using an API key
In the past, you may have linked Greenbits to Weedmaps using a menu feed. We recommend using an API key for live menu integration. This new integration takes just a few steps to set up and within minutes, your data will be synced with your Weedmaps menu! Using the API key offers better support for images on Weedmaps and means that you no longer need to use a menu feed.
Before you begin
To get the best Weedmaps experience, enter all Products details in the Back Office. In particular you should ensure that you have a Menu Photo for each Product (this will display on Weedmaps) and that a Weight is entered for unit-based items.
Important: Please note that this integration supports tiered pricing for weight-based flower, but not unit-based flowers.
Set-up your Weedmaps integration
If you had a Weedmaps menu prior to May 2021, you do not need to contact Greenbits support to generate an API key. Greenbits will un-publish your menu feed and you can delete it at your convenience.
If you want to create a Weedmaps menu after May 2021, you must complete the following steps:
- Reach out to Greenbits support at firstname.lastname@example.org to have an API key generated. You can copy the following message and input your personal information:
"We would like to have an API key generated for our new Weedmaps menu. We are account <enter account name> and back-office location <location name as it appears in back office>."
- Greenbits support will send you a file with the keys that you must provide to Weedmaps. There will be a unique key for each location in your account.
- Login to your Weedmaps account and navigate to your Listings page then select Edit.
- Select the Menu tab then POS integration.
- Select your POS system from the dropdown menu and select Save.
- Complete the Required Fields and add your API keys.
- Select Save.
That’s it! Menu data will be available on Weedmaps.com within minutes.