Connect Greenbits and Metrc with your API key
If you just got your license and Metrc login credentials for the first time, see FAQ: Metrc Migration Process instead. If your store is in CO, MA or MD, see Add your Metrc API key to your Greenbits user profile instead.
As a part of setting up your store with Greenbits, you need to enter your license number and API key to the Traceability page. Your Metrc API key is like a password that allows Greenbits to access and sync with your Metrc account. Do not print, write down, or share your API key.
Generate or update an API key in Metrc
- In Metrc, verify that you have the correct permissions.
If you don't have the correct permissions in Metrc and you complete this procedure, your account will fail to report correctly and you will be out of compliance.
- Select your user profile > API Keys.
- Select Generate.
- Copy the entire API key from the Current API Key field.
Add your license number and API key in Greenbits
You must have the Update company settings permission. If your store is in Nevada, you must also have the Update license number permission.
- In Greenbits Back Office, select the Settings gear.
- Select Traceability.
- Enter the license number that you received from the state when your license was approved.
- Paste your API key.
- Select Save Traceability Settings.
- If your store has multiple locations, pay attention to the restrictions for stores with multiple locations. The API key you enter for each store may be the same or may be different.
You may occasionally need to update your API key. If you do, pay attention to the restrictions for stores with multiple locations.