FAQ: How to clear old manifests from "Accepted (Unassigned)"
If you receive a manifest in Metrc, but then transfer out one or more of the packages on the manifest without assigning the packages to a Product in Greenbits, the manifest will stay listed under Accepted (Unassigned) in your Incoming inventory, even though the inventory is no longer in Metrc.
If you want to remove these old manifests, use this guide.
- Why does this happen?
- What do to with these manifests
- How will this affect Metrc?
- Why can't I just delete these manifests?
- Can I just leave old manifests in Accepted (Unassigned)?
Why does this happen?
Any time a new package appears in Metrc – regardless of whether it was received from a vendor, or a package you created yourself – Greenbits automatically imports it and lists it as a new manifest in your Accepted (Unassigned) view. If you created the package(s) yourself, this manifest will list your retail license as the Vendor.
Manifests will stay in Accepted (Unassigned) until you assign each and every package to a Product in Greenbits, even if a package has been transferred or otherwise updated in Metrc.
What to do with these manifests
- Assign each Package to a Product.
- This can be any Product, such as a "dummy" product named "Transferred out," "Returned," or anything else that helps you keep these Packages separate from your other inventory.
- Set the inventory status of each Package/barcode (SKU) to Not For Sale or Archived to prevent accidental sales.
- If you already transferred or finished the Package in Metrc, Greenbits automatically updates the Package to zero quantity, locks it, and tags it as "Transferred Out." It may take up to 15 minutes for the transfer to be reflected in Greenbits, however. Setting the inventory status to Not For Sale or Archived ensures that no one accidentally sells from the transferred Package in the meantime.
How will this affect Metrc?
You may be reluctant to "accept" inventory into Greenbits if you no longer have it in Metrc or in your physical possession.
Fortunately, assigning a package to a Product in Greenbits does not affect or report to Metrc in any way.
As long as Metrc correctly reflects which packages are/are not in your possession, there's no cause for concern from a compliance standpoint.
Why can't I just delete these manifests?
As a general rule, Greenbits does not allow you to delete or remove historical inventory data that came from Metrc, for any reason.
Even if a package was only in your store's possession for a brief period before it was returned or transferred and there were no sales or adjustments associated with it, Greenbits will keep a record of this package.
Can I just leave old manifests in Accepted (Unassigned)?
Yes! If you prefer not to assign these packages to a Product, you don't have to.
Assigning these packages to a Product is a suggestion to help keep your Incoming inventory better organized and less cluttered.