Washington: How to split a Lot
Splitting a Lot (also commonly known as "sub-lotting") is a required step before you transfer any inventory to another location. Learn more about when and why you should split Lots.
- Go to Inventory > Lots.
- Search for the Lot you'll be splitting, then select Actions > Split for Return or Transfer.
- If the Lot has more than one SKU with available quantity, select the Source SKU that you want to pull from.
- Enter in new unique destination identifier/lot (must be numbers and less than 18 digits). This must be unique and will not be auto generated.
- This will become your identifier in CCRS.
- Enter the Quantity you want to split onto the new Lot, and select OK.
- Confirm the accuracy of your entries, then select Looks Good.
After inputting the new identifier for the split they will get a summary screen
- If you split the entire remaining quantity of the original Lot, immediately change the status the associated SKU(s) to Not For Sale. If you have Prevent Sales When Quantity Reaches 0 enabled, this happens automatically.
- If you plan to return any other items to the same vendor, repeat the above steps.
- Create a return manifest.