Why is my drawer not reconciling?
When you review a drawer in the Shift Summary, the Over/Short should equal $0.00 for drawers that reconcile. A reconciled drawer means that all of these balance for a Shift:
- The amount of money in the drawer when the Shift was opened.
- The amount of sales, returns, and voids during the Shift.
- The amount of money removed during the Shift.
- The amount of money removed when the drawer was closed.
- The amount of money left in the drawer when the drawer was closed.
If any of the above are out of balance, the Over/Short will not equal $0.00. Here's some reasons why:
- An overage could be due to sales or Paid Ins not entered into the Register.
- An overage could be because a cashier overcharged a customer
- An overage could be because a cashier didn't give as much change as they should have.
- A shortage could be due to a return or Paid Out that wasn't entered into the Register
- A shortage could be because a cashier undercharged a customer for an item.
- A shortage could be because a cashier gave too much change.
- A shortage could be due to theft.