Add a Canada bottle deposit tax in Dutchie Ecommerce
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
You can add a bottle deposit tax in Canada using Dutchie Ecommerce.
Add a Canada bottle deposit tax
- In the Dutchie Ecommerce admin, go to Settings Taxes Add Taxes.
- Select Bottle Deposit Tax from the Type drop-down.
- For Name, enter the Name for this tax.
- Consumer receipts and checkout screens display this name.
- For Rate, a tooltip will prompt you to set that rate individually for each item.
- For Applies To, select whether this tax applies to Recreational or Medical consumers. Note: Both options are available even if you’re a medical-only or recreational-only facility.
- For Point Of Sale, select Yes or No from the drop-down to determine if you’d like to reflect the tax from Point Of Sale as well.
- For Menu, select how taxes will apply to products before check-out from the dropdown.
- No Change - This represents that items on your menu will only include the total pulled from your Point Of Sale integration. This option should be set if you’re using tax-inclusive pricing in your point of sale.
- Add Taxes - This represents that items will include tax in their represented price on your Dutchie E-commerce menu.
- Subtract Taxes - Only use if the prices pulled from the point of sale integration are REC prices and MED is without that tax rate. Should only be used on the Menu, not the checkout screen.
- For Checkout, select how taxes will apply to products during check-out from the drop down.
- No Change - This represents that items in the check-out cart will only include the subtotal pulled from your Point Of Sale integration.
- Add Taxes - This represents that items will include tax in their represented price on the consumers cart during check-out.
- Subtract Taxes - Do not select this option for checkout.
- For Product Types, select the product types that this tax will apply to. By default, all options will be selected when creating a new tax rate. Beverages fall into the Edible type, so only Edible should be selected.
- Click Add tax.