Add a cannabis tax in Dutchie Ecommerce
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
Add a Cannabis Tax
- In Dutchie Ecommerce, go to Settings > Taxes > Add A Tax.
- From the Type drop-down, select Cannabis Tax.
- For Name, enter the Name for this tax. Consumer receipts and checkout screens display this name.
- For Rate, enter in the percentage for this tax rate.
- For Applies To: select whether this tax applies to Recreational or Medical consumers. Note: Both options are available even if you’re a medical-only or recreational-only facility.
- For Point Of Sale: select Yes or No from the drop-down to determine if you’d like to reflect the tax from Point Of Sale as well.
- For Menu: select how taxes will apply to products before check-out from the dropdown.
- No Change - This represents that items on your menu will only include the total pulled from your Point Of Sale integration. This option should be set if you’re using tax-inclusive pricing in your point of sale.
- Add Taxes - This represents that items will include tax in their represented price on your Dutchie E-commerce menu.
- Subtract Taxes - Only use if the prices pulled from the point of sale integration are REC prices and MED is without that tax rate. Should only be used on the Menu, not the checkout screen.
- For Checkout: select how taxes will apply to products during check-out from the drop-down.
- No Change - This represents that items in the check-out cart will only include the subtotal pulled from your Point Of Sale integration.
- Add Taxes - This represents that items will include tax in their represented price on the consumers cart during check-out.
- Subtract Taxes - Do not select this option for checkout.
- For Order: select which order this tax will stack on others from the drop-down. Note: This option is only available in tax setup when the Compounding setting is enabled inside the main E-Commerce tax menu.
- In the Product Types checkboxes, select the product types that this tax will apply to. By default, all options will be selected when creating a new tax rate. Please note that it’s important to de-select all non-cannabis product types during the creation of Cannabis taxes.
- Click Add Tax to save your tax settings.