Enable stacking for individual specials in Dutchie Ecommerce
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
To see the individual stacking settings in Dutchie Ecommerce, you need to turn on stacking at the global level. See this article to learn how to enable global stacking.
- When you enable global stacking, check the box for Show Stacking.
- Under the global setting for Multiple items, check the box for Show Multiple Items.
- Create your special as normal.
- For the Settings step, you can enable stacking for the individual special.
If you enable stacking and your special is a Sale:
The special will always apply, no matter what the global stacking setting is. Choose whether to use a Compounding or Cumulative discount calculation.
- If your special is an Offer:
The special will always apply, no matter what the global stacking setting is. Choose whether to apply the special to the least or most expensive item.
Note: If stacking for a sale or offer is set to disabled, Dutchie uses whatever the global setting is.
Your global settings are set to:
- Discount stacking enabled
- Stacking behavior is cumulative
- Multiple items set to least expensive item
You create an offer for BOGO pre-rolls 50% off with the offer settings:
- Stacking settings and multiple items are set to the default
- Stacking behavior is compound
You create a sale for 10% single pre-rolls with the sale settings all using the default settings.
A customer buys 2 rolls for $10 each. The first roll is $9 and the second roll is $4.50.
If you already disabled stacking, it will fall back to your current setting.
If you have stacking enabled and there is no global fallback, Dutchie applies the last known disabled setting.
Important: Because individual specials that have stacking enabled will always apply, disabled specials will only compare to other disabled specials when the calculator determines which special to apply in the cart.