Message customers from Dutchie Ecommerce
What's Customer Messaging?
Customer messaging allows you to send a text message containing a link to initiate a chat with customers who have placed orders in the past 72 hours. Instead of having to call customers about order modifications, order issues, or pickup nuances at your store, you can quickly start and manage conversations with the customers through Dutchie Ecommerce admin.
Before You Start
Before you get started, contact your Customer Success Manager to discuss workflow and use cases for this feature.
After messaging has been enabled for your dispensary, make sure that you've enabled users at your store who will be using the feature with the Orders permission. You can do this by going to your Settings > Users and clicking into the name of the user you'd like to edit. If you do not have the Orders permission enabled, the messaging tab in Dutchie Ecommerce Admin will be automatically hidden.
You'll be all set to start sending messages to customers who have active orders at your store.
How do I use it?
1. In your Dutchie Ecommerce Admin, navigate to the tab on the left-hand side called Messaging.
2. From the messaging tab, click Start New Conversation. Once you've clicked that button, a modal will appear with customers who have active Dutchie Ecommerce orders.
Pro-Tip: You can also start a message to a customer with an active order from the message page itself.
3. The orders will be sorted in the modal by most recently submitted at the top, with the oldest current orders at the bottom. You can use the search bar in the modal to find the exact customer you are looking for, then click New Message.
4. Once you've started a new conversation, the interface of the feature is easy to use, mimicking most chat and messaging application formats. On your left, will be conversations with customers, while the center of the feature will display your currently selected conversation. Type your message in the white box a the bottom of the window and hit Send!
5. Notifications will display as blue circles with numbers inside of them on each conversation where there are unread messages. When you are not inside the messaging tab, you'll see a red number representing the unread messages you have from customers who you've started a conversation with.
What does customer experience look like?
When you message a customer, they'll receive a text message to their phone number reading “Hey you have a message, check your email to chat” From there, the consumer needs to go to their email and click the link. Then they will have a chat experience familiar to most popular messaging apps.
What about landlines?
In the instance the customer has input a phone number that is a landline, the message will not go through to them and you'll see a "Failed to send" error after attempting to send the message.
What happens when a customer tries to message me after I've closed their order?
If a customer tries to message you later after you've closed or deleted the conversation, they'll get a message notifying them that you've closed the order and we'll provide the customer with your phone number in case there are any issues.
"The store has ended this conversation. Please contact the store directly at [dispensary phone number] with questions or if you need additional help!"