Hardware setup checklist for the Dutchie Register web application
Determine what hardware you’ll need
If you’re switching from another point-of-sale system, you may already have hardware that’s compatible with Dutchie POS. Consult our recommended hardware guide to determine which – if any – devices you’ll need to purchase, including computers/tablets, receipt printers, barcode scanners, and cash drawers.
Unbox and set up the computer/tablet
- Carefully unbox the computer or tablet.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to set up and configure the device.
- Ensure the device is connected to the internet for software and driver downloads.
- For best performance, we recommend wired Ethernet connections for all stationary registers.
- Wi-Fi connection is also supported.
- Learn more about our networking recommendations.
- Unbox and set up the receipt printer, barcode scanner, and cash drawer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Connect each peripheral device to the computer or tablet, either via USB or Bluetooth, as applicable. Network connections may also be an option for some devices. Learn more about our networking recommendations.
Download and install drivers
- Visit the manufacturer's website for each peripheral device to download the necessary drivers.
- Install the drivers on the computer or tablet, and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
Test the receipt and label printers
- Perform a test print from each printer to ensure it is functioning correctly.
- If necessary, adjust the printer settings to print labels properly.
Program the barcode scanner
Follow the manufacturer's instructions to program the barcode scanner for use with Dutchie POS.
Configure receipt and label printers via PrintNode
Follow these instructions for connecting printers to each register.
Connect the cash drawer to the printer
- Connect the cash drawer to the receipt printer using the appropriate cable or interface.
- If necessary, set up the receipt printer to define the cash drawer under device settings on the Windows utility.
Bookmark your Dutchie POS and Backoffice URLs in each device’s web browser for easy access.
- Test the entire system by processing a sample transaction, and ensure that all peripherals work correctly and communicate with the software.
- Void test transactions.
- Address any issues and retest as necessary.