Recommended hardware for the Dutchie Register web application
If you're using a Dutchie Register terminal device sold by Dutchie, see Compatible hardware for the Dutchie Register terminal instead.
- Computers and tablets
- Customer-facing displays (CFDs)
- Browser and network connection
- Barcode scanners
- Cash drawers
- What's not recommended or not compatible
Computers and tablets
- Windows all-in-one PC (recommended), desktop, or laptop
- Microsoft Surface tablet
- Surface Pro is recommended due to the screen size
- Surface Pro X is not supported
- Elo PayPoint for Windows
- The Android and iPad versions of Elo PayPoint are not supported.
- Minimum 8GB of RAM
- Hard drive capacity:
- Because Dutchie POS is a web-based application, it doesn't require significant hard drive space.
- Choose a device with ample hard drive capacity for any other applications or storage needs you may have.
- Input ports:
- 2 to 4 USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports are required depending on the number of peripherals at your point of sale (scanner, receipt printer, label printer, and scale).
- 1 USB-C port is required for a Customer-Facing Display (CFD).
- You can use a USB hub if your device doesn't have enough built-in USB ports.
Customer-facing displays (CFDs)
- espresso 13" Touchscreen Display
- InnoView Portable Monitor
- SideTrak Solo Pro
- Elo 10" Touchscreen Monitor
- Any external display that can connect to a Microsoft Surface or Windows PC
Learn how to connect a customer-facing display.
Browser and network connection
We recommend accessing Dutchie POS via Google Chrome using a wired Ethernet connection for each point-of-sale device. Wi-Fi connection is also supported but tends to be less stable. You can use a USB-to-Ethernet hub or adapter for devices without built-in Ethernet ports.
The following printer models are supported only with a USB connection using the components listed here. Bluetooth connection is not supported.
- Star Micronics TSP100 series
- Star Micronics mC-Print3
- Epson TM-M30II
- Epson TM-M30II-H
- Epson TM-M30II-NT
- Epson TM-M50
- Zebra ZD410
- Zebra ZD411
- Zebra ZD420
- Zebra ZD421
- Zebra GK420d
- NETUM C750 (2D, Bluetooth or wired)
- Zebra H-6672 (2D, wired only)
- Zebra H-1670 (1D, wired only)
- Zebra DS2208
- Zebra CS6080
Learn how to configure receipt and label printers in the Backoffice.
The following scales are supported only with a serial-to-USB connection using the components listed here. Be sure to check with your regulatory agency about any applicable local requirements.
- A&D FX-300iN - Precision Balance, 320g x 0.001g with External Calibration, NTEP
- A&D FX-1200iN - Precision Balance, 1220g x 0.01g with External Calibration, NTEP
- A&D EK-1200i - Compact Balance, 1200g x 0.1g with External Calibration, NTEP
- A&D GF-6000N - 6100g x 0.1g with External Calibration, NTEP
Learn how to set up the Dutchie POS web scale integration.
- APG 16”x16” Vasario Cash Drawer
- Star 16”x16” Cash Drawer
Cash drawers must be connected to the system with an RJ12 cable. USB Cables are not compatible.
What's not recommended or not compatible
While they are compatible with the Dutchie Register web application, Apple desktop and laptop computers are not recommended due to limited functionality with the recommended label and receipt printers. Apple computers are also not compatible with IDScan hardware or software.
The following devices are not compatible:
- Apple iPad
- Android OS
- Chromebook (any manufacturer)
- iPad or Android versions of Elo PayPoint
- Microsoft Surface Pro X
- Bluetooth printers
- Dymo Labelwriter Twin Turbo 450