Create chain specials with Dutchie Ecommerce
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
Use the Chain Specials feature to create promotions that can be used at multiple retailers within a chain.
Things to know
- Chain Specials are visible (and editable) at the Enterprise level while active
- After the special ends (or is manually ended), it will no longer display in this view.
- The promotion will show in a grey card on the individual Retailers' Promotions page while active and in Past Promotions at the bottom of the page when no longer active.
Create a Chain Special
- From the Dutchie Ecommerce admin page, go to Promote.
- Click Create a Special.
- Select promotion type:
Sales allow you to discount a certain category, brand, or group of products
Offers allow you to set conditions and rewards for buy-one-get-one type promotions
- Continue to the Info section to set the name, frequency, and time zone for your special.
- Clicking Edit will prompt you to choose between Local Time and Scheduling a specific Time Zone.
- Set the Start and End dates/times for "Just Once" specials, or check the applicable days, hours, and duration for a "Repeating" special.
- Check the Email box to send an email about the special to your customers, or leave it unchecked to run a special without an email.
- Note: Selecting the "Email" option will prompt you to enter the Subject, Heading, and Description for your email.
- Click Continue to choose the Retailers you'd like to include in your Special.
- Choose Select All or check the + icon on the right side of any Retailer you want to include.
Click Continue to design how your special will look on your menu.
- Add a Display Name, optional Description, and background image to style your Special's appearance. You can design how Sales and Offers appear on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu, and on the individual special's page.
- Click Continue to add products to your Sale, or set conditions for your Offer. Search for individual items, categories, or brands to add to your special.
Check the + icon on the right side of any item you want to include in your special or to discount by category or brand, select the radio button, and then make your selection in the drop-down menu.
- Note: Only products from the Retailers selected in the previous step will be available to choose from.
Set a discount on specific items, categories, or brands! For Offers, set the Rewards to discount certain products, once the offer Conditions are met.
- Note: You cannot apply a global dollar discount, only a percentage. This is to ensure that you do not over-discount an item. Ex: You cannot discount all edibles by $5.00, because some of the individual edibles are only $4.00.
After clicking continue, you'll be asked to confirm all details for the special. If any portion of your special is incorrect, you can navigate back to those steps by clicking on the gear icon on the right side of any of the steps.