Create a special on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu
This article applies to Dutchie Ecommerce.
Use the Promote feature in Dutchie Ecommerce to discount a segment of products, set a global discount, or create By One, Get One (BOGO) offers.
Get started by navigating to Promote > Create a Special.
Create a Special
- Click Promote on the left-hand side of the Dutchie Ecommerce admin page.
- Click Create a Special.
- Select promotion type:
- Sales allow you to discount a certain category, brand, or group of products.
- Offers allow you to set conditions and rewards for buy-one-get-one type promotions.
- Enter the name of the special, and select Just Once or Repeating Frequency.
- Set the start and end dates/times for Just Once specials, or check the applicable days, hours, and duration for a Repeating special.
- Check the Email box to send an email about the special to your customers, or leave it unchecked to run a special without an email.
Note: Selecting the Email option will prompt you to enter the Subject, Heading, and Description for your email.
- Click Continue to design how your special will look on your menu.
Add a Display Name, optional Description, and background image to style your Special's appearance.
You can design how Sales and Offers appear on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu, and on the individual special's page.
- You can design how Sales and Offers appear on your Dutchie Ecommerce menu, and on the individual special's page.
- Click Continue to add products to your Sale, or set conditions for your Offer. Search for individual items, categories, or brands to add to your special.
Check the + icon on the right side of any item you want to include in your special, or to discount by category or brand, select the radio button, and then make your selection in the drop-down menu.
Note: When creating a Sale promotion, use the Apply Global Discount toggle to set a discount percentage for all affected products.
Set a discount on specific items, categories, or brands. For Offers, set the Rewards to discount certain products, once the offer Conditions are met.
Note: You cannot apply a global dollar discount for categories or brands. This is to ensure that you do not over-discount an item.
Example: You cannot discount all edibles by $5.00, because some of the individual edibles are only $4.00.
After clicking continue, you'll be asked to confirm all details for the special. If any portion of your special is incorrect, you can navigate back to those steps by clicking on the gear icon on the right side of any of the steps.
Specials on your Dutchie Ecommerce Menu
Products that are discounted will have a clear Special Offer tag on product list views.
On product detail pages, there will be a content row that describes the promotion that the product is a part of, to help customers know how to fulfill offer conditions.
Reorder your Specials
In Dutchie Ecommerce admin, under the Promote tab, you can view all of your active and past specials.
Use the Reorder button to simply click and drag specials, to set how they appear on the Specials page of your Dutchie Ecommerce menu.